Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Curtain Call

"Don't tell me you're sorry 'cause you're not
Baby when I know you're only sorry you got caught
But you put on quite a show
Really had me going
But now it's time to go
Curtain's finally closing
That was quite a show
Very entertaining
But it's over now (but it's over now)
Go on and take a bow"

~ Rihanna

There's just something very special and necessary about closure.  I was driving into work this morning and had music from Glee playing to start the day as I had a need to listen to Lea Michele's version of Katy Perry's "Firework".  The next song to come on was "Take a Bow".  

It suddenly struck me how fitting this song can be for a NUMBER of situations- not just the one Rihanna is illustrating in her song.  The chorus which I have posted above can apply to ANY situation where it becomes clear when someone has been putting on an act of who they want people to believe he/she is.

As I've gotten older (and hopefully wiser), I've learned that I don't have much tolerance for deception. Yes, I do understand that people make mistakes and we are constantly learning who we are but I do believe that everyone deep down inside oneself knows who he/she is. 

Integrity is so important to me.  I feel that to get anywhere in life, you really need to figure out:
     "Who am I? What do I believe in? What am I willing to stand for?"


Without this knowledge, you'll always be adrift, trying to pretend that you're someone that you're not- never standing for anything or anyone.The world needs more of people who believe. 

No Regrets. Live your life. Today and always, just the way YOU want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment